Tuesday, March 06, 2007

motherly advice

"i know it might be still pretty early for me to say this," my mother started, as she got up from her chair and walked towards me.

uh-oh.

"but you should know this: first, you must always give due consideration to every guy that shows interest in you. second, you must never give any consideration to any guy that you have interest in."

oooook.

"the one trap women always fall into is setting sights on one man and then not moving from his standards even when other men come into the picture to get their attention."

right.

i don't need this advice, especially not now when i am on the verge of getting that sick, sinking feeling one gets when trying very very hard not to fall for someone because he is obviously not interested, is waaaaaaay out of my league and probably has some baggage from a previous relationship left in his life.

i also don't need this advice because it's not something new and i already know the perils of unrequited love. besides i'm not my mother who, unlike me, actually had a list of suitors to "give due consideration to" when she was my age because she had eyes the size of dinner plates and a 20-inch waist.

it's not helping with anything. i'm not any closer to finding "the one". plus it embarrasses the hell out of me whenever my mother gives relationship advice. the very fact that she's even giving relationship advice means she's worried i'm going to die a spinster and will have to endure years and years of harassment from nosy relatives and that makes me worried that i'm going to die a spinster and will have to endure years and years of harassment from nosy relatives.

get. me. out. of. here. gah.

lishun at 6:02 PM

|