Sunday, August 12, 2007

race grace

"the voice of truth tells me a different story
the voice of truth says "do not be afraid"
the voice of truth says "this is for My glory"
out of all the voices calling out to me
i will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth"
- from the voice of truth by casting crowns

as the starting gun went off, i adjusted the music on my mp3 player to the first song in the list. i knew all the words because i'd been meditating on those songs for the past week and i let the music and the lyrics flood my mind while my legs kept moving me forward. i had to keep myself from singing out loud with the joy that spread through my heart. i hadn't been running for a long time now but the discouragement that kept me from getting out of bed last week faded away as the music played comfort into my soul.

for some reason, the fatigue that usually overcomes me at the halfway mark didn't make an appearance at all. i felt no need to stop jogging or to slow my pace eventhough my mind almost forced me to. "you've been going on for too long, just rest awhile." i ignored that voice and focused instead on the one that said "hey, you're doing great...keep going!"

to my surprise, i ran the entire 10km for the first time ever. my timing wasn't great and i guess i was a little disappointed by the non-improvement, but when i finished the run, i wasn't tired at all. i was thirsty and drenched in sweat, but i didn't choke like i used to.

instead i felt as joyful at the finishing line as i was the moment the gun went off and i lifted my eyes and praised God for His strength, His faithfulness, His amazing peace. for sustaining me throughout the entire run and filling me with confidence once more.

it's an incredible feeling, it really is. i feel ready to do it all over again.

lishun at 11:41 AM

|