Sunday, June 03, 2007

icecream for my Hero



i'm still tied up. there's just no time to rescue myself. lectures to revise. calls to make. people to think about. my family to love. applications to send in. smiles and comforting words to deliver. i have no time to rescue myself when i'm far too busy trying to rescue the world.

where's my scoop of icecream, my stack of archie comics, my arctic monkeys cd playing on loop?

and yet yesterday, God reminded me that the true joy anyone can indulge in is in His presence, singing His praises, going back to the very reason i believe in Him. dwelling in His salvation, remembering calvary. the basic truths that are so easily taken for granted and left to play as background music.

i knew i was straying. i squeezed little prayers of desperation in the cracks between my distractions and You heard me. thank You for bringing me home again.

here's some icecream for my Hero. =)

lishun at 10:40 AM

|