Tuesday, April 05, 2005

open doors

God closes some doors and opens others.

i think it's time i start accepting the fact that God wants me in imu. He has made it very clear that i am meant to be there.

1. all my applications to australian unis were rejected because my alevel results were released a week after the feb 2005 term commenced.

2. jpa doesn't allow me to postpone my studies till 2006, but have allowed me to enroll in a twinning course at imu should i get accepted.

3. my imu interview is on the 20th, 3 days before i set out for cambodia, a trip i have planned since february.

4. the first round of written tests and interviews for nus medicine will be held during the time i will be snapping pics of angkor wat.

5. the youth congregation of the church i am attending is largely made up of imu students.

if those aren't obvious signs, i dunno what are.

so why the hell am i still so reluctant accept it? it's dumb for me to feel this way anyway because i still have to go through the interview before i can even say anything about my "future" in imu and, despite these signs, the possibility of me being rejected is still there.

so why on earth do i feel so...bleurgh?

some time ago, i wrote about my anguish at receiving the news that i have been unsuccessful in my applications for the sph scholarship and the aus unis ("closed doors", 12 Nov 2004). i was angry at the doors that have been slammed in my face.

now, i am - it's hard to choose the appropriate word - confused at the one that is open.

lishun at 10:07 PM

|