Sunday, May 18, 2008

no more drews

"i bet she's beautiful, that girl he talks about
and she's got everything that i have to live without
he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
the only one who's got enough of me to break my heart
he's the time taken up and it's never enough
and he's all that i need to fall into"
- from teardrops on my guitar by taylor swift

if i were 16 and could play the guitar, i'd have probably written something like taylor swift's "teardrops on my guitar". but the years have passed by faster than i expected and i am no more musically-inclined than i originally was. there will never be another "drew" to write songs and poems about, to cry over and waste my time on. life's too short and i've got things to do.

perhaps this is the part about growing up that i like most - to be able to listen to over-played songs like the one above and laugh at the childishness of it all.

cynicism isn't a defence mechanism, it is a point in the direction of how things really are.

lishun at 12:44 PM

|