Saturday, December 18, 2004

my christmas

tiny flakes of white fall softly
with the current of the shaken globe
plastic within plastic
that is the christmas that i know

no tree laden with baubles graces my house
christmas jingles of reindeer
resound in a place inside my head
tunes only i hear

devoid of snow, sleighbells and fire
i sit quietly as my family paces
around a room with no chestnuts roasting
no santa in magical places

presents are not exchanged
not here where the sun scorches our skin
in this place where winter is a stranger
and christmas never does begin

that is my christmas
where family does not mean turkey and tinsel
but the silent acknowlegement of each other
presence over presents

--------------------------

christmas wishlist:

1. for my granny and mother to be restored to good health

2. for my doubts to be silenced

3. a christmas tree

4. a nice new digicam

5. a fantastic score for TOEFL CBT

lishun at 10:19 AM

|