Friday, February 24, 2006

the long-awaited return

right. did anyone miss me? hehe.

i know i promised an update a week ago, but i've got a list of excuses for my absence. feel free to berate me for making them up...i mean for being so busy.

1. i am still mourning over my old blog. my 2005 entries are gone because the idiot who runs diary-x didn't check his backup status. bleh.

2. i spent the week at xfresh writing content for them as part of my uni elective. since i only spent 7 days there though, i didn't exactly get the full experience of being a journalist. but i did get confirmation that a desk job is a no-no for me. i'd rather run around like a chicken in an emergency room.

on the other hand chickens, in light of the bird flu situation, should stay home, get plenty of rest, drink lots of fluids and avoid being flustered.

3. i don't like blogspot.

well, now that we've got the excuses out of the way, lemme spoil all of you with some pics i took in aus. i haven't uploaded all of them because i've exceeded my monthly bandwidth at flickr, but here are some of my faves.

rainy day at the beach

it was bright and sunny the day before, but the heavens opened up on my second day in brisbane. on the day we planned to go to surfer's paradise too! i snapped this from the car as we drove away from the beach.

i saw the sign

tout v.
tout·ed, tout·ing, touts
v. intr.
1. To solicit customers, votes, or patronage, especially in a brazen way.
2. To obtain and deal in information on racehorses.

brisbane at dusk

God bless digicams with special functions.

flowers in the window

a gorgeous rose outside one of the apartments at my cousin's place in melbourne. a friend of mine told me that it's a good use of camera angle. haha. it looks great as wallpaper.

melbourne central

one of my fave pics. this is melbourne central, one of the many shopping centres in the city. the glass roof actually rises like a cone. it looks ghastly from the outside, but it's spectacular inside.

redemption

it was 5pm on valentine's day. figures huh. men. *rolls eyes*

taxis and pillars

this picture surprised me. i didn't intend to make it look like this. all i wanted was to get the fountain and the two signs on the melbourne exhibition centre. what i got though is this lovely shot of the light falling through the pillars onto the taxis.

walkway to flinders street station

i love the flinder's street station! the story goes that it was originally designed for a train station in india, but for one reason or another, the materials ended up in melbourne. hence the pretty indian yellow and red bricks. here it is contrasted with the new bridge across the yarra river.

the yarra river

the aforementioned yarra river. this place reminds me so much of the waterfront in singapore.

actually melbourne reminds me of a wider, less-congested singapore city centre. i felt right at home in melbourne. it's too bad i screwed up my twinning program. hope there's still a chance i can make it to melbourne though.

anyway, that's it for now. i'll blog more next week, i promise. it's orientation week next week, so look forward to more photos and some gross accounts of the antics of medical students. so much for preserving a good image. lol.

lishun at 9:28 AM

|