Wednesday, April 28, 2004

hypoglycaemia

i would like to apologise to the 4 people who have read my blog since my last entry two weeks ago. i would love to update more often, but i've been pretty bogged down lately. it's not just college and the usual uni applications and things like that. i've been thinking alot, and all this thinking and reflecting does take up quite alot of energy.

as you know, the brain can only utilise glucose and since it does not have its own store of the simple sugar, a regular intake of glucose is essential in maintaining good brain activity. i have to confess that i've been rather "naughty" lately: skipping lunch and eating foods that are high in protein and fat instead of carbohydrates. in simple terms, i'm on a modified version of the atkin's diet but it's in no way intended for me to lose weight. rather, it was brought about simply because i am fast running out of time and money.

anyway, back to the brain. this lack of glucose has somehow caused me to act rather strange lately. as some people here may have observed, i've become cornier than eng tee, something i had not believed possible till now. i've also become more irritable, indifferent and all things unpleasant.

i guess this must be the grey matter talking to me. "you gobble down that loaf of bread now and give me my supply of simple sugar or else i'll turn you into a monster with a personality to go with that!"

oh well.

my neurones are not working too well either. i managed to cause a poor friend of mine to literally "fall head over heels for me" because of poor motor neurone coordination. me, that is, not him. he had the perfect sense to avoid running into me. i, on the other hand, just froze while the poor guy tripped over the lecture theatre stairs, twisted his ankle, and slammed into the floor right in front of the lecturer.

ouch.

but what a thrill! the first time any guy's ever "fallen" for me!

i've gotta go. my brain cells are protesting over the fact that i have chosen to sit here in front of a glaring computer monitor screen over going downstairs for a bite to eat. they've just started a demonstration in my head and are now in the process of hammering my temples.

who supplies them with the armoury anyway?

lishun at 3:21 PM

|