Friday, June 15, 2007

an empty toolbox

"the tears come streaming down your face
when you lose something you can't replace
when you love someone but it goes to waste
could it be worse?"
- fix you by coldplay

i felt like crying tonight. i fell onto my knees and felt totally helpless.

i'm used to fixing things. a library book with a broken spine? nothing some cellophane tape in strategic areas can't fix. a misunderstanding with your best friend? my specialty is in moderating discussions. a sticky situation with transport to church? it's alright, i'll do my best to rectify it...with some extra help of course.

but a broken heart that has wandered off to unfamiliar territory? a heart i care about deeply but is so lost that i am afraid i will lose forever? i feel so helpless and worried. it feels like my heart is broken too.

people call this empathy. i call it immeasurable grief. my toolbox is empty, i have nothing to mend with. Lord, this one's Yours.

lishun at 11:15 PM

|