Thursday, June 24, 2004

i swear

i only swear during football season.

actually, i don't swear out loud. more often than not, it's in my head. and at times when it's not, you can only hear it under my breath, like it's struggling to get out. and usually it is, considering the many swear-worthy moments in football.

especially the premiership. you can never swear enough during the premiership.

what stopped me in my tracks today is that i caught myself swearing, and not in front of the television replaying this morning's czech republic vs denmark match.

and it...horrified me.

what made it significant is that just yesterday, a friend told me that i'm boring. she said that i'm boring because i don't straighten my hair, wear two earrings, or enjoy doing somersaults with two dogs dressed in pink tutus. and it made my delightfully childish mind think: am i boring because...i don't swear?

now, kids, swearing is bad. uncle ganesh formerly of radio 4 (what happened to him? if anyone knows, email me) would tell you that. he once refused to play all-4-one's hit single 'i swear' on his request show because "swearing isn't nice". he played 'one sweet day' instead.

right.

so, can you blame me for thinking swearing is the most vile thing on earth eventhough everyone does it? i mean, it made a radio dj not play the song. *gasp*

it's like, smoking, or premarital sex. everyone is doing it (pun not intended) but it's wrong. 13 years of formal moral education has taught me that, along with helping me master the art of looking mildly interested at the tutor while actually dreaming about michael guerin.

anyway, i swore. God forbid. i immediately looked around to see if anyone heard me. thank goodness no. i don't think anyone would be very impressed to find out that i said the "f-word" because the thought of Robben joining chelsea in august crept into my mind.

actually, they wouldn't care. hmm. that's a thought.

maybe i'm not boring after all.

did anyone read "men are like waffles, women are like spaghetti"? you should. it'll help you figure me out. on second thought...don't even attempt it.

urgh. i think i should go. the men in white are coming for me...

*note: it has to be that wrong essay i wrote today. sigh. life's such a bitch.

lishun at 5:39 PM

|